Microsoft Azure Configuration
This guide demonstrates how to integrate Microsoft Azure with the Binadox multi-cloud usage monitoring and cost optimization platform to plan, analyze and reduce infrastructure costs.
To successfully integrate Binadox with Microsoft Azure, it is required to add a new user to your Azure AD tenant to represent Binadox and assign him a restricted role with limited access to your Microsoft Azure account.
To add a role assignment, you must have
Microsoft.Authorization/roleAssignments/delete permissions of a user access administrator or an owner.
1. Add a New User to Azure AD
1. Sign in to the Microsoft Azure portal.
5. Fill in the required fields.
• Select Create user.
• Enter a user name of a new user into the User name field (required).
• Enter a name of a new user into the Name field (required).
• In the Password section, choose between the Auto-generate password or Let me create the password radio buttons. To view and copy an auto-generated password provided in the Initial Password field, select the Show Password checkbox. Click on the copy icon to copy the value to the clipboard. Note that it is a temporary password, and it must be changed during the sign-in process.
• Select User in the Roles list (set by default).
2. Assign an RBAC Role to a New User at the Subscription Scope
To grant a new user read-only access to Azure subscriptions using role-based access control (RBAC), do the following:
6. From the Add role assignment view that opens on the right, select the Reader role in the Role drop-down list. In the Assign access to field, select the Azure AD user, group, or service principal type. Select the newly created user in the list of users.
8. Follow the same steps to add the new user to other subscriptions if necessary.
3. Create New Connection for Microsoft Azure in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
4. Fill in connection properties. Enter a login and a password to the new user account into the corresponding fields (see Clause 1 on how to add a new user and Clause 2 on how to assign him a required role). Click Connect.