Integration of the Okta identity management platform with the Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform allows to receive usage, spend and user data of the Okta software as well as to discover all SaaS applications used by an organization that are authenticated to via Okta as SSO service to receive their usage and user data. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to successfully integrate Okta with Binadox.
1. Create an API Token
1. Sign in to Okta with an administrator account.
2. Click on the profile information at the top right corner of the menu bar and select Your Org.
2. Create New Connection for Okta in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Proceed to the SaaS tab. For user’s convenience, the Okta software can be found on the Discovery tab as well. Click on the Okta icon. To quickly locate the Okta software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. O.
4. Fill in the connection properties. Enter your company’s domain name (sign-in URL) into the Domain field and an API token into the API Token field (see Clause 1 on how to create an API token). Click on the calendar icon to specify the date the bill for application services is issued. Select a payment plan and a billing period in the corresponding drop-down lists. Click Connect.