This guide describes how to integrate the QuickBooks Online accounting software by Intuit Inc. with the Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform to be able to automatically extract invoices from QuickBooks to Binadox for spend optimization analysis.
To connect QuickBooks with Binadox, Production keys (a Client ID and a Secret ID) of an application created on the developer portal are required.
Intuit Inc. supplies software development kits to manage communication between applications and QuickBooks on the Intuit Developer portal.
All Intuit products, including QuickBooks, can be accessed with the same user credentials (a user ID and a password).
1. Register on the Intuit Developer Portal
1. Log in to the QuickBooks sandbox account of the Intuit Developer portal with the same credentials you use to access your QuickBooks administrator account.
Production keys required to establish connection between applications and QuickBooks are unavailable, until the following conditions are fulfilled:
– Complete your account profile.
– Verify your email address, if you haven’t verified it yet in your QuickBooks account.
If for some reason you haven’t verified your email address from your QuickBooks admin account, you may do it from the Intuit Developer portal. Click the Send Verification Email link in the About You form under the First Name field or click here. Check your inbox for the Intuit verification email and follow its instructions.
2. Create an App
1. On the menu bar at the top, click My Apps and then click the + Create an app button.
3. Configure App Parameters
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Production. In the Terms of Service Links section, enter the following URLs:
– In the End User License Agreement URL field, enter the Binadox EULA:
3. In the Production section of the navigation pane on the left, click Keys and OAuth. Make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements to get your Production keys.
– Verify your email address
– Complete your account profile
4. Production Keys (a Client ID and a Secret ID) required to connect QuickBooks to Binadox are located in the Keys section of the Keys&OAuth view. To copy them to the clipboard, click on the copy icon.
5. In the Redirect URIs section, click the Add URI button. Enter the following URI in the opened field:
4. Create New Connection for QuickBooks in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Proceed to the Discovery tab. Click on the QuickBooks icon. To quickly locate the QuickBooks software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. Q.
4. Enter a Client ID and a Client Secret of an application created on the Intuit Developer portal (see Clause 3 on how to generate Production keys). Click on the calendar icon to specify the date, from which Binadox starts scanning bill data in a QuickBooks account and extracting invoices for spend optimization. Click Connect.