This guide provides information on how to integrate Salesforce, a customer relationship management solution, with the Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform to get Salesforce spend and utilization analysis on a per-user basis and automatic cost saving recommendations.
For safety reasons, you may create a new user to represent Binadox with limited access to your organization data. Note that, according to Salesforce’s policy, a paid license will be assigned to a new user for this purpose. However, you may use administrator’s credentials to integrate Binadox with a Salesforce account. In this case no extra license is required (skip Clauses 1-3 and go to Clause 4).
1. Create a New Custom Profile
For Salesforce cost optimization and usage monitoring on a per-user basis, define Binadox’s access to certain objects in your organization at the profile level.
This guide illustrates profile configuration in the original profile user interface on the Lightning Experience platform.
To switch from the enhanced profile user interface to the original one, log into a Salesforce account as an administrator and go to Setup (a gear icon on the Lightning Experience platform) in the menu bar at the top.
From the Home tab of the Setup pages under the Administration setup area in the navigation pane, go to Users > User Management Settings. Disable Enhanced Profile User Interface using the toggle button.
To create a new profile and restrict access to objects in your organization (apps, tabs, CRUD operations, etc.), do the following:
1. Enter Profiles into the Quick Find search box or go to the Administration setup area in the navigation pane, select Users > Profiles. Clone the Standard User profile by clicking on the Clone button next to the profile name.
6. Scroll down to the Administrative Permissions section. Clear all the checkboxes. Once you uncheck them, select the Manage Users checkbox and the system will automatically select all other necessary options.
2. Create a New User
A paid license is required to create a new user with limited access to your organization data. However, you may use administrator’s credentials to integrate Binadox with a Salesforce account. In this case no extra license is required.
2. Fill in the New User form:
– Enter first and last names into the corresponding fields.
– Enter an email address. Note that a confirmation email with a login link will be sent to the email address for account activation.
– Select the newly created profile (e.g. Binadox Profile) in the Profile drop-down list (see Clause 1 on how to create a new profile with restricted access to your Salesforce organization).
– Click Save.
3. Check your inbox for a confirmation email. Click the enclosed link to log in to an account to activate it and create a password.
3. Set Up Network Access
To allow Binadox to access the organization data for cost and usage optimization without receiving a login challenge, such as a verification code, it is required to specify IP addresses from which it logs in as trusted.
2. Specify an IP range of the Binadox cluster:
18.104.22.168 into the Start IP Address field;
22.214.171.124 into the End IP Address field.
Optionally, enter a description for the range. Click Save.
4. Configure Salesforce in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Go to the SaaS tab. Click on the Salesforce icon. To quickly locate the Salesforce software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. S.
4. Enter a username into the Username field. You may copy it from the list of users in Salesforce (in the Salesforce setup navigation pane, go to Administration > Users > Users) or from the Salesforce confirmation email.
Enter a password into the Password field. Note that in case you created a new user, make sure to set a password during the first login by following the link in the confirmation email (see Clauses 1-3 on how to create a new user with required permissions).