June 25, 2019
5 minutes read
This guide provides information on how to integrate Float, a cloud-based resource scheduling and project planning software, with the Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform to be able to receive Float spend and utilization insights, cost optimization recommendations and Float user data across an entire organization.
1. Locate an API Key
1. Log into Float with an administrator account. Click on the profile name at the top right corner of the menu bar. Select Team settings in the drop-down list.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. A unique API key is located in the API Key section. Copy it to the clipboard.
2. Configure Float in Binadox
1. Sign into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Proceed to the SaaS tab. Click on the Float icon. To quickly locate the Float software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. F.
3. Indicate a unique connection instance name for further reference and differentiation. Click Continue.
4. Paste an API key into the API Key field (see Clause 1 on how to locate an API key). Click Continue.
5. Fill in billing information. Click on the calendar icon to specify the date the bill for application services is issued. Select a payment plan and a billing period in the corresponding drop-down lists. Click Connect.
6. Float is successfully connected.