May 15, 2019
5 minutes read
This guide demonstrates how to integrate Freshservice by Freshworks, a cloud-based service desk and IT service management solution, with the Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform to get insights into Freshservice utilization, cost, individual user details and receive optimization recommendations.
1. Locate an API Key on the Freshservice Agent Portal
1. Sign into your Freshservice Agent Portal as an account administrator. Click on the profile picture at the top right corner of the menu bar and select Profile Settings in the drop-down list.
2. In the sidebar on the right, you will find an API key. Copy it to the clipboard.
2. Configure Freshservice in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Proceed to the SaaS tab. Click on the Freshservice icon. To quickly locate the Freshservice software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. F.
3. Create a meaningful connection instance name for further easy identification. Click Continue.
4. Fill in the connection properties. Paste the API key into the API Key field (see Clause 1 on how to locate an API key). Indicate your Freshservice domain name in the Domain field (e.g. https://yourorganization.freshservice.com). Click Continue.
5. Fill in the billing information. Click on the calendar icon to specify the date the bill for application services is issued. Select a payment plan and billing period in the corresponding drop-down lists. Click Connect.
6. Upon successful Freshservice integration with Binadox, the connection status will switch into Connected.