June 20, 2020
5 minutes read
The Binadox multi-cloud SaaS and IaaS usage monitoring and cost optimization platform provides Freshdesk ticketing feature that enables administrators to access Binadox notifications via Freshdesk, a cloud-based customer support software. The following steps demonstrate how to successfully configure Freshdesk ticketing on the Binadox platform.
1. Locate an API Key
1. Log into your Freshdesk account.
2. Click on the profile icon at the top right corner of the menu bar. Select Profile settings in the dropdown list.
3. The API Key is located in the sidebar on the right. Copy it to the clipboard.
2. Configure Freshdesk in Binadox
1. Log into your Binadox account.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Integrations. Proceed to the Notifications tab. Click on the Freshdesk icon. To quickly locate the Freshdesk software in the list of supported applications, type in its name in the search bar or use an alphabetical filter by clicking on the first letter of an application name, i.e. F.
3. Indicate a unique connection instance name. Click Continue.
4. Enter an API Key into the API Key field (see Clause 1 on how to locate an API Key). Indicate your Freshdesk domain name in the Domain field (e.g. https://yourorganization.freshdesk.com). Specify a Freshdesk user email in the Email field. It will be associated with the one who creates tickets in Binadox (e.g. Binadox administrator). Click Continue.
5. Freshdesk connection with Binadox is established.